Rugged Ethernet IO Device with 4 Digital Inputs for Monitoring and Alarming
The Smart Input Sensor is a Ethernet device with 4 digital inputs. The device allows for web based monitoring of the inputs and may be integrated into distributed control and network management systems to allow those systems to alarm and monitor field devices. Each of the Inputs can be individually configured to send customized emails and notifications when an event is recorded. The device supports a wide variety of protocols it is compatible with over Ethernet. Integration options supported are: SNMP Polling and Traps, Modbus TCP featuring addressable registers, and DNPv3 TCP for integration with utility and other automation control systems.
Contact Closure Over Ethernet
The RLH Smart Input Sensor has the ability to be paired with an RLH Relay Output Device. When using RLH’s System Link feature, the two devices become linked establishing a tunnel over an Ethernet network and will transport a digital output signal being received by the Input Sensor through the Ethernet tunnel to the linked Relay Output device. The System Link feature can be set up via: One to One, Many to One, and One to Many allowing for event distribution and consolidation as needed.
View the matching Smart 4 Relay Output
- Rugged Design – Operating temperature, -40°C ~ 70°C
- Intuitive embedded web interface for configuration
- 4 inputs for multiple alarm monitoring
- Supports SNMP 1, 2c, 3, & SNMP Traps 1, 2c
- Supports DNP 3.0 over Ethernet
- Supports Modbus over Ethernet
- Use the System Link feature to Pair this device with a Relay Output for alarm transportation over Ethernet
- Supports a One-to-Many Feature, Send alarms from one location to multiple Relay Output devices
- Email alarms for the Inputs are customizable to your application
- Advanced SMTP integration allowing for SSL and TLS based authentication
- Event log with time stamps
- Each digital input is optically isolated
- System power ranges available: 24-48VDC or 125VDC
- PoE Powered device – Can be powered by any IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE source
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet Port
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in USA
Standard Model – 24-48VDC
-A Model – 125VDC
-B Model – 12VDC
PoE Powered Device:
IEEE 802.3af compliant (Compatible with mode A & B PoE sources)
6 Watts (Maximum)
DNP 3.0 TCP, Modbus TCP, SNMP Polling 1,2c,3, SNMP Traps 1, 2c, SMTP w/ TLS Authentication
System Link Response Time:
Typical 8ms, Maximum 45ms
One-To-Many (UDP) < 15ms Many-To-One (TCP) < 250ms
*Specifications listed are based on direct connections. Network overhead should be considered when calculating overall system response times.
Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps
Optical isolation 3.5kV
SM-IN4-DR-2 Dry: Sourcing Input (100 ohms maximum loop resistance)
SM-IN4-12-2 Wet: Sinking Input (5~15VDC / 5mA)
SM-IN4-48-2 Wet: Sinking Input (20~52VDC / 5mA)
POWER – DC Power OK
SYS – CPU OK
LNK – System Link ON/OFF Status
Outputs – ON/OFF Status
System Alarm Output:
Varistors & Automatic resettable fuses
DC Input Isolation 1.5kV
Voltage Reversal Protection
Powder coated steel and aluminum alloy
Physical Dimensions H 4.93” x W 1.20” x D 3.93” (125mm x 31mm x 100mm)
Standard DIN rail (T-35)
Temperature -40°F to +158°F (-40°C to +70°C)
MTBF 175,000 Hrs. (Circuit Board level)
Lead Time: 1 Week*
For product questions, volume pricing and/or delivery outside of the US and Canada, please contact sales.
|Product configuration||Inputs||Input Type||Part number||Price|
|4 Digital Inputs, 24-48VDC Digital Inputs||4 Digital Inputs||24-48VDC||SM-IN4-48-2||$380.00|
|4 Digital Inputs, 3-15VDC Digital Inputs||4 Digital Inputs||5-15VDC||SM-IN4-12-2||$380.00|
|4 Digital Inputs, Dry Contact Sensing Inputs||4 Digital Inputs||Dry Contact Sensing||SM-IN4-DR-2||$380.00|
- For the 125VDC input power option, please note your part number, add -A to the end, and get your quote here
- For the 12VDC input power option, please note your part number, add -B to the end, and get your quote here.
|Product configuration||Outputs||Output Type||Part number||Price|
|4 Relay Outputs, Normally Open||4 Relay Outputs||Normally Open||SM-OUT4-NO-2||$380.00|
|4 Relay Outputs, Normally Closed||4 Relay Outputs||Normally Closed||SM-OUT4-NC-2||$380.00|
You May Also Be Interested In
You may also like…
DIN Rail Housing
The DIN Rail industrial housing is a steel, powder coated, enclosure with a hinged door for equipment access.
Solo-24 Power Adapter
Solo-24 Power Adapter is a compact, plug-and-play, power supply that connects to a single RLH Fiber Link module.
4 Inputs & 4 Outputs, SNMPv3, Modbus TCP, DNPv3 TCP, Email Alerting, and Bi-Directional Contact Closure over Ethernet.
Smart Input Sensor
8 Inputs, SNMPv3, Modbus TCP, DNPv3 TCP, Email Alerting, and Contact Closure over Ethernet.
Smart 4 Relay Output
4 Outputs, SNMPv3, Modbus TCP, DNPv3 TCP, Email Alerting, and Contact Closure over Ethernet.
*Lead times are estimates and may vary. You will be contacted within 1 business day to go over the details of your order. If you require a specific date, let us know!
*Days = Business Days
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.