Fiber Cable Assembly, OSP, Multimode (OM1), Loose Tube, 2mm - 36" Breakout, ST, ST, Simplex, Built to Specified Length, with Pulling Sheath
Lead time 2 to 3 Days*
Preterminated cable assemblies save a vast amount of time when used for field fiber installations. Expensive splicing or polishing equipment is not needed. This cable is built to your specified length and will include a pulling sheath for installation through conduit or raceways. If you don’t see the cable you need be sure to contact us!
Min/Max Length: 10 ft – 2000 ft
|Connector Type (Side 1 & 2):||ST|
|Cable Mode Type:||Multimode (OM1)|
|Cable Specifications||See Data Sheet|
|Minimum Recommended Conduit Size:||1″|
|Compliance:||TIA/EIA-568, IEC 61300-3-35|
- Q: What size conduit will this cable fit through?
- Each cable will have a different diameter and the pulling sheaths will have a minimum recommended conduit size. We have listed the minimum size conduit size each cable will fit into. Our recommendation is a general guideline as conduit pulls are very specific to the conduit path. A larger size conduit can typically handle longer runs, a conduit path with less bends will typically be an easier pull. Conduits with existing cables will have mixed results. The cable end with the pulling sheaths is meant to be run through the conduit, your pulling string should be affixed to the loop at the end of the pulling sheath. For cable assemblies with higher strand count cables the connectors will be staggered in length to allow for the smallest possible diameter. See our Pulling Sheath info graphic for additional information.
- Q: What will the over all length of my cable be?
- To calculate the over all cable length you will need to add: Cable Length + Side 1 Breakout Length + Side 2 Breakout length. The cable length is the value selected when ordering and is charged by foot. This portion of the length will have the heavy jacketing on the cable. The breakout lengths vary based on strand count and can be found in the cables specification section.
- Q: What is the breakout length?
- The breakout length is the following:
- 2 Strand Cables – 8″
- 6 Strand Cables – 18″
- 12+ Strand Cables – 36″
- Q: How are the fibers identified?
- Each of the cable assembly ends will have a protective tubing added and the tubing will be color coded to the fiber type:
Fiber Type Breakout Color Multimode (OM1) Orange Tubing Multimode (OM3) Aqua Tubing Multimode (OM4) Magenta Tubing Singlemode Yellow TubingA label is then affixed to each individual fiber strand. These labels will have the fiber # printed on it. These numbers correlate with the TIA color coding standard, as underneath the protective tubing each fiber is color coded: Fiber Number Color 1 Blue 2 Orange 3 Green 4 Brown 5 Slate 6 White 7 Red 8 Black 9 Yellow 10 Violet 11 Rose 12 Aqua
- Q: What brand cable will I get?
- We stock of our fiber cables only from name brand manufactures, we may rotate stock from manufacturer to manufacture as lead times vary significantly when it comes time for us to replenish our own inventory. The cable you order will likely be one of these brands: Corning, Prysmian, AFL, or Superior Essex.
- Q: How will the cable be shipped?
- Our cables are shipped on a cable spool* with both ends secured for safe transport. The cables are delivered via FedEx or UPS, or if you contact us we can ship via your shipping provider. *Cables assemblies under 100′ in length will ship without a spool to reduce packaging.
- Q: Where are these cable assemblies made?
- Our cable assemblies are made in our factory, located at our headquarters in Orange, California.
*Lead times are estimates and may vary. You will be contacted within 1 business day to go over the details of your order. If you require a specific date, let us know!
*Days = Business Days
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.